Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It Would Be Greatly Appreciated If You Added This to Your Google Reader

Alright, one more fast note and then I am calling it a night. When I decided to start a new blog earlier tonight I mandated myself to use the three 'titles' I had written down in my iPod Notes as titles to individual blogs to get this thing going.

This one's title may be a stretch, but I would get it if I saw it on a track listing to a new CD.

Essentially, I wanted to say that I intend on writing on this semi-regularly. One of the things I'd like to do this year is really get into following people's blogs. I know that there is a major upheaval going on about using the internet and technology to keep in touch with people. But, I also know that a lot of people that mean a lot to me or should mean a lot to me are posting really awesome stories, adventures, and thoughts on a daily basis and I am missing out on most of them by simply not spending five minutes outside of my usual Gmail -> facebook -> Cracked.com internet path. If I were a dog, the paths between those websites would be a streak of dead grass through a backyard with how many time I go back and forth between those sites and never deviate.

So, this is my resolution: To spend more time on the internet every day.

Okay. That didn't say exactly what I wanted it to say...

My resolution is to be more intentional with the time I use on the computer by keeping tabs on other people's blogs, keeping mine fairly fresh, and live-tweeting the Bachelor when possible.

2 comments:

  1. twomaplekeys.blogspot.com

    come say hi.

    i hope your second drive to newberg was police-free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your writing again friend! You make my day happier :)

    ReplyDelete