Monday, March 8, 2010

Should Have Spent This Time Reading

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Wampeters, Foma, & Granfallons by Kurt Vonnegut
Shopgirl by Steve Martin
Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder

What do all of these books have in common?

They've each got bookmarks in them that range from the free, quotation-endorned bookmarks from the cashier at Chapter's to the receipt from my last physical therapy appointment.

That's not really what they have in common but it is a result from the fact that I have started them (one of which for a second read) and not finished yet. The kicker is that I don't really have reason not to finish them. They've each hooked me in their own ways, they're each books that I feel would add to my "books I feel smart talking about" cache... and, they each sat at various places in my house while I was couch bound and wasted my time playing melancholy puzzle games and getting addicted to LOST.

Then, here in my 9/10ths of the way unpacked room, I feel glad that I was too lazy (or, too repeatedly injured) to finish unpacking that last tenth. That's that much work I won't have to do here in a month or so.

Blah. Life. I guess I'll keep going.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you there, buddy. My life is a battle of fighting off the ever-increasing number of books I have started and would like to finish. The best thing is that I LOVE that battle. I am hereby declaring March to be book reading month.

    And now I'll probably write a blog about it.

    Also: "forlornity"? I like it.

    ReplyDelete